Thursday, May 19, 2011

Induction system


I've been at it for a week or two in my spare time between school and work, but the first parts of the engine are translated in 3D. The manifold itself was a little more work than I had hoped, because one of the way splines work in 3D sketches in Solidworks. (Developers; take notes, I want to define splines as seen from 2 view planes, and not as some 3D guesswork) ;)


All engine internals will be drawn as well, in case I need to do flow simulations on specific parts of the engine.
The various fittings and air or fuel hoses will be drawn later, as the routing may change, or I will upgrade to Goodridge lines.


And of course all the internals will work as they are supposed to. As seen with the throttle valves below. :)
I will probably need to upgrade my workstation again when I get to the valvetrain... :( ;) We'll see about that later.


No comments:

Post a Comment